How to convert Facebook profile to page 2017 ?
Today there’re many Social media platforms, but still, Facebook is the king of all. Facebook offer various services and tools for everyone and for every profession. Today we’ll talk about Facebook profile to Fan or business page migration. Most of Facebook users are unaware that a Facebook profile can easily be converted into a fan Page. Here’s the complete guide How to convert Facebook profile to page.
Why should you have your Business or Fan page?
If you’re a business owner, marketer, or any service provider then you must have your page on Facebook to reach your target audience or grow your network. Because you can’t advertise your business or service from your Facebook profile. And It’s against the Facebook Terms to use your personal account to represent your business or something other than yourself. Might be if you do this you could permanently lose access to your account.
So, If you’ve had a semi-public Facebook profile for a while now, it’s a good time to convert your facebook profile to page. It has a lot of befits as mentioned below.
Benefits of migrating your personal Facebook profile to business or fan page
If you start out promoting your small business or consultancy by using their own Facebook profile, It does not look great for your visitors and difficult to you to differentiate people who are actually your customer and interested in your service or who is in your friend circle.
So it’s better to have your own page to get rid of all these things. Now the question arises why should you migrate your Facebook profile to the page because you could also create a new page without any migration. For providing the answer of your questions I’ve described the benefits of doing this, Let’s read:
Difficult to get followers in starting:
When you’re on Facebook you have a friend group at least up to500-5000. But when you start to promoted your newly created page it depends on your friend he might be liked or not. It can lead to embarrassing moments. But when you migrated your profile to page your friends automatically converted into page likes.
Better chance of promotion:
On Facebook, the pages people like are promoted heavily to their friends and you can add the link of the page to your website or other social media network, whereas the people can follow it if they like.
The opportunity of Advertising your service or product and boost posts:
When you created your business page you have the option to advertise your product. And the best thing is that it is in your budget. Through this, you have the chance to reach up to wide audience related to your profession or industry. And boost important posts.
Increase Followers limitation:
Profiles are limited having less reach as compared to the page. You can only add up to 5000 friends and then others can only follow. But when you convert facebook profile to page it increases up to unlimited. Through it, you can send more messages.
Facebook described some other points on their Help Page are:
- The Pages are designed for businesses and organizations, with features that help you connect with customers and reach your goals
- You’ll have access to Page insights, where you can see metrics like which posts people engage with and visitor demographics like age and location
- Page roles can let you give other people access to edit your Page.
How to convert Facebook profile to page?
Are you ready to make Changement? Let’s get started:
- Go to the page migration link
- Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions
- You will be prompted to choose the “type” of the page you want to use. For the majority of small businesses, the choice will be between “Local Business or Place” or “Company, Organization, or Institution.”
- Might be if you’re not prompted and Facebook directly created your business page then don’t worry you can make all changes by going through “about” links showing on the newly created page.
- Here’s how to determine which type will work best for you:
- Company, Organization, or Institution: If people DO NOT physically visit your location or your events are held someplace different, this is the type you’ll want to choose.
- Local Business or Place: If people DO physically visit your location — for example, a bakery, concert venue, hospital, theater, museum, or art gallery — this is the type for you.
NOTE: “Local Business or Place” pages are the only ones that offer Facebook Check-Ins. If you choose “Company, Organization, or Institution,” your fans will not have the option to tell their friends that they are at your place of business.
What Happens When You Convert Facebook Profile to page?
Here are the essential points to note about a Profile-To-Page conversion:
- You’ll have a both personal account and a Page after conversion.
- We’ll transfer your profile picture and cover photo to the Page.
- The name on your personal account will become the Page’s name.
- Tools to help you move info from your profile to the Page will be available for 14 days after conversion.
- You can choose friends from your profile to automatically like your new Page, but posts on your profile won’t be carried over to your new Page.
- You can manage the Page from your personal account.
How To reverse back Page Into Profile?
You can reverse back the page into the profile. But only once, So if you migrate Facebook profile to page accidentally. Facebook provides a form to appeal to reverse page back into the account. This form requires ID proof. Whose Name and D.O.B should match with a profile which gets converted. So if you are able to provide then you can
So if you are able to provide then you can apply here.
After appealing, if the application gets approved then your page will become normal profile automatically.
Facebook is rather a great place to connect with people around the world. If your personal profile is not too business-like, it may be worth your while to keep your personal profile, create a new page and hope your fans eventually follow the new page. However, if you have used a personal profile for something that is clearly a business, you need to convert Facebook profile to page.
If you have any doubt please let us know in comments. And spread this article around your social network.