Google plus tips & tricks you must know
There’re various social networking sites around the world but still Google+ and LinkedIn is the first choice of a huge community of professionals and business minds. Might be if you’re not familiar with this social networking platform but it’s not very major issue. First, let me give you a short introduction to it – “Google+ is just another social networking site through which you can connect with people via circles to drive targeted traffic (reach specific audiences) to your blog. “Here’s the complete list of Google plus tips & tricks about which you must aware.
10 Google plus Tips & Tricks: Basic & Advanced
- Pin special post to the top of your profile
- Disable a comment and reshares on Post
- Mention “People not in your circles ” Using “+”
- How to mute the post?
- Scroll Up and Down short keys
- Bold, italicize & strike out text in Google+
- Restore deleted photos in Google+
- Control who can see your Google+ posts
- Set Your Notifications
- Create a business page on Google plus
10 GOOGLE PLUS TIPS & TRICKS: BASIC & ADVANCED
Here I listed 10 most useful Google Plus tips and tricks for beginners. Every user will find this resource very helpful as it contains all those tips that you will definitely need one day while using Google Plus. Let’s start:
Google+ has grown at a surprising rate and it’s the number 2 social media platform around the globe. To get the attention of the people for your special post, pin it to the top of your profile. For this go along with the points below:
- Visit Google+
- Go to your profile
- Go to the post you want to pin
- You’ll see 3 verticle dots (menu button) in the top right corner of the post, tap it.
- A list will be scroll down
- You’ll see certain options in the list, tap “pin to profile” option. And you’re all done.
Now the pinned post will get the first capture of the people who’ll visit your profile.
This option is very useful to avoid bad comments or reshares when you share any family occasion or personal picture. To enable this feature, follow the steps below:
- Go to your profile
- Go to the picture or post for which you want to disable the comment
- Tap the 3 verticle dots (options menu) in the top right corner of the post.
- A list will be appear
- Tap “Disable comments” or “Disable reshares” option.
That’s it. Now the people can see the particular picture and Give the +1 but can’t be left a comment on picture or post and can’t share with further to more people.
If you want to mention any person beyond your circle, then get the Google+ Id of that particular person. For this navigate to their profile and look at the URL in your address bar which should be something like the one below.Now, use this number with a + symbol to mention them in your post. For example, +1106933477267354513988 and write your content to share with him/her.
If you wish to stop notifications on any post where you have added comments then go with the steps described below:
- Go to the picture or post where you’ve dropped the comment
- Tap the 3 verticle dots (options menu) in the top right corner of the particular post.
- A drop down list will be appear
- Click the “Mute this Post” option in the post menu.
Google+ is allowed you to use the keyboard shortcut for various purpose. One of the another best thing about Google+ is that you never need to remember its useful keyboard shortcuts because you can view its keyboard shortcuts anytime while using Google Plus.
This is a pretty interesting and easy feature of Google+. As you would know that HTML tags don’t work in Google Plus interface. So, To do that follow the trick mentioned below:
- To bold the word – put asterisks (* *) both side of the text like *blogwebpedia*
- For italicize the text – use underscore (_ _) both side of the text
- To create the striking effect – use hyphen or minus sign both side of the word. For Example -blogwebpedia-
It’s happened to most of us. You delete an image and realize you need it back. Do you know you can easily restore any mistakenly deleted photos with the help of Google+ built in feature? Please see the following steps:
- Visit Google photos
- At the top left click the “more menu” button
- Tap the ” Trash” option from the list will appear
- Here choose the photo you want to restore
- And click on Restore sign (see screenshot). But you must make sure you deleted those photos within 60 days, and you keep on turning on “Auto-sync” on your phone. After 60 days, the deleted photos will be permanently disappeared from the trash automatically.
It provides the complete control over on your posts and images. That means You can limit your post to one or more people. To share a post privately, follow steps below:
- Open the sharing update box
- Write your update
- Add the name of one or more people in the To field. You can also enter an email address.
Setting proper notifications is an essential for every social media site. You can set Google plus notification from the Settings page. To do that go step by step mentioned below:
- Open the setting page by navigating to the link – Settings
- By default, all boxes are checked. So uncheck the options as per your need or you don’t want to see in your inbox
This is the most important point of our Google plus tips. You would be aware of the business or fan pages on Facebook, but do you know you can easily create a business page on Google+ platform. Yes, Google plus allows to their users to do that. For this, see the steps below:
- To create a Google+ business page, log in to your account
- Navigating to the link – Business page
- A page will be open to asking you about your business, select a category for your page.
- Now fill the required field in the form
To contribute your own Google plus tips, use the comment box below. A knowledge collaboration made possible by readers like you.
- Adam Milstein (1)
- Advertising (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Asheboro (1)
- Blogging (23)
- Business Advice (7)
- Business Expert (2)
- Business news (6)
- Business Owner (2)
- Canadian Business (1)
- Cancer (1)
- Cancer Research (1)
- Careers (1)
- Celebrity (1)
- CEO (5)
- Cosmetic Surgery Doctors (1)
- Craft Beer (1)
- Design (2)
- DIY (1)
- Entrepreneur (6)
- Entrepreneurs (1)
- Executives (2)
- facebook (7)
- Featured (25)
- Financial Trends (1)
- FinTech (1)
- General Contractor (1)
- Global Business Expert (1)
- Google plus (1)
- Graphics (10)
- Health (3)
- Healthcare (2)
- Hollywood (1)
- Home Remodel (3)
- Home Renovation (3)
- Horizon Internal Medicine (1)
- Infographics (3)
- Instagram (2)
- International Business (1)
- Internet (15)
- Interview (1)
- Interviews (2)
- Investing (1)
- Investor (2)
- Make money Online (8)
- Medical Advancements (1)
- Medical Technology (1)
- Medication (1)
- Mentorship (1)
- North Carolina (2)
- Philanthropy (3)
- Real Estate News (1)
- Role model (3)
- Social media (12)
- Social media for business (8)
- Social Media News (11)
- Twitter (2)
- Whatsapp (3)
- Wordpress (26)
- Youtube (2)
- Zinc (1)