How to use Instagram Live Video and Disappearing messages feature?
Instagram has added various exciting features in last few months and I’m sure you already familiar with it. Again we’ve good new to all Instagrammers, the photo, and video sharing giant unveiled two more new features on 21 November 2016 as Instagram live video broadcasting experience for stories through which you can stream directly through your phone no matter you’re using which platform iOS, android, or windows 10 and Snapchat-styling disappear private message feature .
These features are clearly aimed to win over Snapchat’s and Facebook’s users.
What’s all about Instagram Live Video broadcasting and Direct message disappearing update?
Instagram wrote in their Official blog post :
“Today we’re announcing two updates: live video on Instagram Stories and disappearing photos and videos for groups and friends in Instagram Direct.
Live video on Instagram Stories helps you connect with your friends and followers right now. When you’re done, your live story disappears from the app so you can feel more comfortable sharing anything, anytime”.
Instagram product boss Kevin Weil says the point is to make Instagram broadcasting more about person-to-person interactions, not just a TV alternative.
“It’s a bi-directional experience, and you only get that when you’re actually live with someone,” Weil told Recode. “If you watch it later, you’re kind of doing the whole thing through a glass window.”
Instagram, unlike Facebook, will not pay brands or celebrities to use its live product, Weil added.
“We want Instagram to be a place where you share all of your moments,” Weil said. “the more private moments or the inside jokes that are relevant not for your entire Instagram following but for a smaller group of folks.”
How to use Instagram live video broadcasting feature?
Instagram has introduced Stories in August 2016 as a way for users to share photos and videos that disappear after 24 hours like Snapchat’s My Stories feature. Photos uploaded to Instagram Stories are also editable with various filters, text, collage, and drawing tools. Since launch, Instagram Stories has very popular among their users and now more than 100 million people use it every day.
This time Instagram came out with broadcast live video on Instagram Stories . The app uses a different approach than Snapchat to live video. Because you’ll only be able to watch a broadcast while it’s actually live. Once the broadcast ends, it won’t be available even no replays will be possible.
Here’s a look at how you can get started with Instagram live video broadcasting feature:
First of all, you must have an updated version of an app then go along with following steps:
- Tap on the camera icons showing in the top left of the feed or swipe right from the Feed
- Camera will be opened
- In the camera, tap on “Live” option placed at the bottom of the screen
- Now tap on the “Start Live Video” button .
How can you explore Instagram live videos?
- Tapping the story will go straight to the live stream. Those friends who are currently broadcasting live video will appear as a profile photo at the top of the app with the word “LIVE” under their picture.
- The number of viewers watching your live video appears in the top right of your screen and comments appear at the bottom.
- You can currently publish a live video to your followers for up to one hour.
- You can also encourage an active chat while publishing a live video . The app allows you to either pin a comment so all your viewers can see it or you have the option to turn off comments completely. Here’s the process:
How to pin a comment:
Tap and hold finger point to pin it option showing at the top.
How to turn comments off:
- Tap on the More icon in the form of three dots
- Choose “Turn Off Commenting.” option
How to finished your live broadcast?
- Tap on the “End” button placed at the top right of the screen
- Now confirm your selection to end the video.
The app’s algorithms will notify the people you interact with the most when you go live and show popular broadcasts as they’re happening in the Explore section.
Note: This feature is now at the testing level and present time available to use for selective region’s Instagrammers So if you don’t find it on your phone after update no need to worry because you will take advantage of this feature very soon.
Disappearing messages (Photos and Videos) for Groups and Friends in Instagram Direct
To send a disappearing photo or video,Go with steps below:
- Tap on the camera icon at the top left or you can simply swipe right from the Feed
- Your camera will be started to capture moments
- Under the camera, tap on the circle button showing in the bottom of the screen
- Click to take a photo and press longer to capture video.
- Now tap the next → (arrow) button at upper left to the right corner to start editing your captured moment.
- You can add a caption, insert emojis, use filters, and draw anything with your fingertips all appropriate options are there.
- When you are satisfied with your photo or video, tap the arrow icon in the bottom right corner
- select people or groups with whom you want to share your moments
- Tap the Send button.
Once you send a disappearing message it will appear as a circle at the top of your Direct inbox. An only tick in a circle shows the message has been delivered, while a filled blue circle with a tick shows it has been opened.
You should know –
Instagram is calling the feature “Ephemeral Messages”. Interestingly enough, not only do these photos and videos disappear from your friends’ inboxes after they have seen them, you will also get notified if they replayed it or took a screenshot.
How to replay a disappearing photo or video that you receive?
- Tap and hold the message you want to replay .
- Then Tap on Play Again.
It might be a bit confusing at first, as messages are now divided into two parts —
- Regular messages
- Ephemeral message
It also brought Boomerang to the app, allowing users to create fun, Gif-like videos that loop forward and backward endlessly within Instagram.
So basically, Instagram is giving you the ability to send things you usually wouldn’t — such as bad selfies and so on — without any fear of it being scattered across the web. However, you can only send disappearing photos and videos to people who follow you.
Well, while disappearing photos and videos in Instagram Direct will start rolling out today across the world. And Instagram Live video on Stories and Explore will be rolling out over the next few weeks.
If you’ve any faced any problem during applying any steps or this functionality , please ask by dropping in the comment box below. And don’t forget to spread this article around your social world.