How to start a blog and make money online?
If you’re reading this article, maybe you’ve already a blog or you’re going to enter in the blogging world. Do you know – Starting a blog is not sufficient enough, the main aim is to take it out on a long run and make money through it that’s really difficult task? Sorry, I’m straight forward blogger and don’t want to keep you in any dark to say anything to only make you happy. Continue with this guide that will help you to make money online:
ATTENTION BEGINNERS! AVOID COMMON MISTAKES:
In starting most of the beginners get inspired from lots of successful blogs without taking into consideration, they already log time veteran and have done a lot of work to make it successful. I don’t want put you off but you should aware from reality and take care of some points that I described below:
1. CHOOSE NICHE YOU’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT WITH SOME KNOWLEDGE:
Blogger is not only a writer, he/she is also a problem solver or you can say expert of topic about which have a blog. If people read your post then they expect you’re able to solve their problem, because really it’s your responsibility. I want to recommend you choose a topic you’ve some expertise and never feel bored in future to know about more. It may be photography, fashion, security, engineering, and other more articles people love to know and have Lil bit knowledge.
- Don’t haste, come up with proper planning:
Don’t fall on “start your blog within 10 min. or 15 min”. Blogging is a long-term strategy. Don’t be impulsive and take the time to plan everything because no shortcut will help you where already successful blog of your niche. I am going to show, what necessary things should be on your list:
- Domain name with privacy: Do you already have a topic on which you’re going to start a blog? If no then, first of all, decide it or if yes, continue with the searching domain name. Domain name is the identity of your business so try to make simple that can easily memorable. Click below to get more information about domain name:
- Web Hosting: If you want to earn passive income via blogging don’t choose free hosting or don’t choose to host from anywhere. Do research and invest money, only pickup host company that can provide you 24 hours customer support . For this, you can see the customer review of the various hosting company.
- Rest things: Most of the beginners read many blogs and overwhelmed they need all things to go start. No, all rest things are optional such as premium themes, premium plugins, ad services, and other so more.
2. SET UP YOUR BLOG:
- Install WordPress:
Now you’re on the way of building your own blog. If you’re taken WordPress hosting then hosting company install WordPress software for you. But if you‘re purchased VPS hosting then you have to install WordPress that’s not a difficult task. Yes, you can take help from an online guide or from an expert, and your techie friend. For more help, I’ll be there.
- Choose your theme:
Choose a theme that makes your blog professional. In beginning, you can pick a free theme from WordPress store, when your blog get monetized you can upgrade to premium one. Before setting any theme checks some initial things in your theme:
- Take a test -Is your theme mobile compatible?
- Is your theme suits to your niche?
- Your theme should easy to customize
In beginning, don’t fall on complication just try to be simple. You can change your theme any time later.
3. INSTALL PLUGINS:
In starting, you don’t need much more plugins. Just some important plugins are sufficient to run your website with efficient way. I suggested some useful plugins:
- Jetpack by wordpress.com
- WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Contact form 7
- Google XML sitemap (It’s optional because yoast already provide XML sitemap)
- SEO friendly images
- WP smush.it
- Addtoany(For sharing your content and website)
Above are basic plugins, except these many more plugins are available in WordPress store but you don’t need all .
For beginners tips– Any single wrong coded plugin may ruin your blog so be careful.
4. SET GOOGLE ANALYTICS ACCOUNT:
Google analytics is a tool that provides a complete report of your blog including a count of visitors, they’re belonging from where, How many returning visitors, How much time they spent on your blog, and other necessary information. It also tells you where you need improvement on your site.
5. ADD LOGO AND INITIAL INFORMATIVE PAGES:
Create a logo that represents your blog by a single icon. If you launch your app in future, it will work as your app icon. There are available some online logo maker software . It will help you to create your own but if you feel difficulty, you can take help from the logo expert by paying some cost.
How to add a logo to your site?
- Login your dashboard
- Click on Customize under Appearance
- Here you’ll see site identity option, click on it
- Finally, here you can add logo and site tagline.
Before start content writing, you need to create pages like as:
About – where you give information what type of information and service you’re provided to your visitors,
Contact– This page contains contact form through which your visitors will contact you.
6. TAKE MOBILE-FRIENDLY TEST OF YOUR BLOG:
Before adding content, you should take the mobile-friendly test. Through this test, you’ll make sure your site is mobile compatible or not.
On 21 April 2015, Google released Mobilegeddon update. According to this update, your site will be excluded from Mobile Google search engine ranking if it fails in the mobile-friendly test.
For more detail click below:
7. ADD CONTENT:
After completing above process, you’re ready to add informational content on your site. In beginning, it’s obvious you may confuse what informational point should be added in your article. Don’t worry I’ve solution, Visit top sites related to your niche that have more visitor with high-ranking on SERPs .Here read articles that matched from your topic . This is useful to get an idea to starting your content. After writing a 15-16 post you’ll feel comfortable with your post.
How to publish your first Post, page, and add media?
- login your Dashboard
- To publish posts– Click on Add new under Post
- For publish pages- Click on Add new under Pages
- Add media(Audio, Video, Images)– Click on Add new under Media
8. DON’T TRY TO COPY PASTE OTHERS WORK:
This may be the common mistake with beginners. Put your own personality on your blog, not others. If readers search any topic, it’s obvious they visit 5-6 sites, nothing is shameful than it if you’re caught up by them. You’re writer, Gather important information and write your own content. Really after writing a 3-4 post you’ll enjoy your writing.
9. KEY POINT OF WRITING POST:
In starting I was write only 200-300 words with difficulties because I had no idea what type of information should I provided. But with time got experience now I’m able to write continuously 1000 word per day. Just only think your visitors don’t have any idea about the topic and you’re teacher, who is giving all information in-depth. I provided some keys that will help you to write useful content:
- Add informational content that makes your site different from your competitors and alternative sites.
- Don’t use more complicated words. Try to make simple sentences that can easily understandable by people worldwide.
- Try to add information that not covered by another blogger.
- Provide very basic information related to your niche.
You need to drudgery to stand out your personality from the crowd .Because there’re already many successful blogs in the internet world. But if you’re conscious about your writing and another part of blogging, definitely you can do it.
10. START TO BUILDING EMAIL LIST AND MARKETING OF YOUR BLOG TO BOOST YOUR TRAFFIC:
After completing above process, you have to interact with veteran bloggers through social sites twitter, Facebook, Google+ and other platforms. Because they have already loyal visitor following that will help you to drive traffic to your site and subscribers. Don’t skimp on building an email list and informing to your subscriber when to publish a new post because if readers interested in your writing and content they want to visit again.
Social media is a better medium to outreach the maximum audience belonging to the different region that will help you to spread your post around the world. It may be scary for introvert bloggers but enjoy because it’s all about making new friends. The best way to aware people about your blog is word of mouth through because it’s more effective and free of cost. Just simple rule follow here “You help them and they will help you back”.
You can also market your blog to stumble upon through paid advertisement program on Facebook, Twitter, or become a Google adviser and another ad service.
START TO MAKE MONEY WITH YOUR BLOG:
For generating revenue through your blog you need to apply for various programs, I mentioned below. Let’s continue:
1. MAKE MONEY THROUGH ADVERTISEMENT:
This is same as an ad on newspaper and magazine. After gathering decent traffic you will have to find an advertiser who will be willing to pay you to get exposure their product to your visitors.You can display ads on Footer, header beside area, right sidebar or anywhere on your site to display ad to a relevant audience.
There are another options of an ad network is Google Adsense, word ads, and other many alternative options that place an ad on your site without contacting you directly with advertiser but for this, you need to get approval from them.
2. MAKE MONEY THROUGH AFFILIATE PROGRAM:
Under this program, you promote the product of others by placing their product link at a prominent place. But for this, you have to choose an appropriate affiliate program related to your posts or topics. If you overwhelmed what type of affiliate products suited to your blog you can take a reference other blogs related to your niche. Such as if you write about gadgets then you can sign up for mobiles, tablets, and other gadgets product for affiliate marketing.
3. MAKE MONEY BY SELLING EBOOKS OR BY CREATING ONLINE STORE:
Another method of earning profit through your blog is to sell eBooks. Today many authors make lots of money by doing this. But for this, you have to spend quality time on researching and writing to provide informational content to your readers. It is the best way to earn passive income.
Many blogs offer other products such as photos, hand-made products, and so more by creating an online store to selling their network.
All it takes time, patience to make money through blogging. You can’t expect profitable blog in starting. Sometimes you may get disappointed from unrealistic result but always remember:
“There are no secret to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
Still, have any confusion; you are free to ask your query by dropping in the comment box below.Please share this article with your social network.