The Rock Talks About His Battle with COVID-19

The Rock Talks About His Battle with COVID-19

September 16, 2020 0 By Stephen Callahan

Actor Dwayne Johnson, also known by his stage name The Rock, has come out to speak about his battle with COVID-19 Coronavirus infection. The actor tested positive alongside all his family members and had to go through situations that he says were some of the most difficult in his life. He says that although he won the battle with the virus, it remains a formidable foe.

He also says that it can have the same effect on other actors if they do not take caution. In an Instagram video, the actor said that he and his family members are now safe from the virus even though the situations that they went through will remain with them forever.

The most challenging experience

The Rock said that the virus is the most challenging thing that his family has had to endure. Although he has gone through some doozies in the past, none of them could come close. Although his daughters only exhibited mild symptoms, it was a different case altogether for him and his wife. The daughters are aged 4 and 2, and they are safe too. The actor went ahead to assure his followers on Instagram that the family had come out of the situation safely, and they were doing well. He said that they were not only healthy, but they are also no longer contagious.

Infection from a Friend

The family believes that they contracted the virus from a friend, and that is the reason they are asking other actors to exercise extreme caution. He said that even though it is challenging to avoid friends and family altogether, people can avoid contracting the disease by following various measures. He recommends that people should be tested before meeting up, and they should wear face masks to prevent the spread of the virus. The Rock has always been a wellness advocate, and he believes that he benefited from his commitment to his health. Through regular exercise and proper nutrition, he was able to wade off the virus without too much struggle.

Past Challenges

In the Instagram video, the actor remembered his past and how many things tried to put him down. For example, he remembered how he got kicked and suffered numerous injuries when he was a wrestler. He also remembers many nasty situations that almost made him give up in life. However, he indicated that despite all those situations, none could come close to the experience of fighting Coronavirus.

He said that COVID-19 is a much different story than recovering from injuries. He said that he is more concerned about the virus because even though he loves his career, his top priority is to protect his family. Therefore, risking their lives is something he would not wish to repeat.

The Rock is undoubtedly one of the biggest names in the entertainment industry, and his message in the Coronavirus is likely to change the perspective of many people. When it was announced that he and his entire household had been infected, the entertainment industry was shaken. Therefore, it comes as good news that he is now on the other side of the story.